Sunday, November 18, 2007

TURKEY TIME!

I love turkey time (and no I am not talking about the country, even though I am sure it is nice). I love this time of year. For those who know me, may be shocked to hear that I like food. This year I get to go to my in-laws house.

It is amazing the difference of the families thanksgiving and the similarities.

Similarities:
I will guarantee sometime I will get into a political argument with someone who doesn't know what they are talking about. It doesn't matter which household I am at (my parents, or Lindsey's parents)(RON PAUL 08)

I will eat to much food.

I will have a great time with families.

Differences:

Lindsey's family has the best appetizers, my Mom has the best stuffing. (No offense, no one can beat my Mom's stuffing).

HMMMMMM FOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enough worthless talk. Many people might want to know what I believe. I will give you a quick breakdown on the 3 most difficult subjects to talk about.

1. Religion.
I believe the Bible is 100% inerrant. I believe God created the world in 6 literal days, on the 7th he rested. I believe man became so wicked that every thought was on evil. So God destroyed the earth in a world wide flood and saved Noah, his family, and 2 animals of every kind. I believe that Sin has separated us from God, and the only way we could be saved was for God to send his son on earth to live a perfect life and die the perfect sacrifice. I believe the only way to get to heaven is by grace through faith and not of works.

2. Politics
I hold true to most of the Libertarian party believes. I believe in SMALL federal government and passing the legislation on to the State and Local levels. I believe that federal government should be in charge of interstate commerce and military. Other than that it should be passed to the local or state. I do not believe it is there responsibility to take from a private party and give to another private party (welfare).

3. Money.
I believe we have a crises in these United States of America. People are saving at a negative rate. We have been spoiled and think we deserve or am entitled to have materials. This has caused us to go drastically in debt and could be the downfall of our country. To many people are counting on Uncle Sam to take care of them when they get older. There is not get rich quick program that works. There are 3 steps to living well and retiring well.

1. Spend less than you make.
2. Save
3. Say NO to debt.


If you have any questions or comments I would love to expound on them.

Thank you

Uncle Jonny

2 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

hey your back!!!

3:42 PM  
Blogger Uncle Jonny's said...

yup. Since I now have high speed it doesn't take up half my day trying to do a blog.

4:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home