Thursday, May 19, 2005

Escape

Have you ever just wanted to escape from everything? I don't mean just a mental escape from your current problems. I mean just up and go. Go were? I don't know, just go. I have that feeling right now. Tomarrow will be Friday, I would to pick my wife up from work, pack a few things, call Deb (travel Agent) and just leave. Leave everything behind. Lindsey and I could just escape for a few months in the Caribbean, Hawaii, Ireland, Scotland, or anywhere not here.

Then when I feel rested and relaxed I can come back to my life. Am I the only one that feels that way?

Work lately has been rough if you couldn't tell. The past couple days I have been the "hatchet man" If somebody can't pay their propane bill I get to try to collect. If I can't collect, say goodbye to your propane. It is the job no one wants. I understand our company's view, we need to get paid. Yet they are not the one that looks in the eyes of the customers as you have to tell them they won't have anymore heat, hot water, or ability to cook. Almost everyone seems to have the same reaction; first embarrasment, second anger, third fear, and fourth desire for mercy. Now not everyone will outwardly act the same, yet you can see they all have the same internal reaction. I hate that part of my job.

Also there is a great guy I work with who is watching his wife die. This is one of the greatest guy's you could work with. Unfortunately last year his wife was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. The cancer is slowly winning in this battle. She is not expected to make it past this week. She has already made it way longer than anyone would have guessed. It is hard enough to watch him go through all of this agony, I can't fathom what he must be feeling. They have been married 30 years and are truly best friends. As she deteriorates so does he. He comes into work every morning (he can't financailly afford to take any more time off) and you can tell how bad she is by looking at him. He has drastically aged in a short matter of time.

So that has been my life this week. I know I really don't have it bad. I really have a great life. My wife is healthy, I am healthy, my family is healthy, I am not in financial troubles, and yet I want to escape.

2 Comments:

Blogger Admin said...

I had hoped the cruise would cure me of my restlessness, but it just made it worse. All I can think about is how to make a living in St. Kitts. It can't be that hard. I talk to expats all the time that keep saying, "Just do it."

I just keep slogging on, hoping the feeling goes away. Instead it just keeps getting worse.

9:20 AM  
Blogger Debbie said...

I have those feeling alot also. Probably more so in the last few months than in a long time. Know you aren't alone and we are always here to talk whenever you want. Thanks for all you and Lindsey do in youth group. Without you guys, I think Ric may have packed it in a few times ... having you take over Sunday school has helped. I know the girls in youth group really appreciate your talks. Thanks

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home