Monday, May 16, 2005

I love America

It is Monday morning about 10:35. I am here to say I love America. We live in such a worry free, time doesn't matter, happy go lucky society (note the sarcasm).

This morning I woke and went into work early on my day off to get some paper work done. Since I was donating my time to my employer I was hoping to sneak in and sneak out quickly. As you can probably imagine that did not happen.

On my way into work I was caught up in some delightful "construction." First thing in the morning the geniuses at the DOT decided in the middle of busiest time and road we are going to shut it down to one lane for about 3 miles. This is not the part I was most bitter about; I understand that work must be done on out roads for upkeep. The problem was I waited without moving for about 20 min and then I started to creep up towards the one way. As I slowly went through the "construction" I realized that there was no one working on any part of the road. The only people who were working were the ones holding the signs and telling us when we can go, and when we can stop.

I figured they just started so I was irritated but I thought they were going to start at any minute. I was wrong. On my way home from work the same thing happened. I mean the exact same thing. No one was working over 2 1/2 hours later.

Here is a message to all road crews. If you need to shut down traffic do it during the non-busy times of the day. If there is no way to avoid it please actually work!!!!

Ok, enough venting from me. I titled this one I love America for the fact of how we act. We are a bunch of time oriented, instant gratification, and greedy country. Yes, I do put myself in that classification.

I love it; we drive to McDonalds in about 2-15 min. (depending on were you live). Get your food instantly, take a loan of 24% on the Big Mac (credit card), and then complain about the cost of gas on your way home. If for some reason we are held up in traffic, or the fast food takes longer than 3 minutes we are about to have a nervous break down.

Those are my thoughts of the day.

God Bless America.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home